Oak Hill Family,
We are excited to celebrate our risen Lord this coming Sunday. Easter is always well attended at Oak Hill, with many unbelievers in the congregation. We want to see many people saved this week, with the understanding that the Holy Spirit is the one who saves, not us. Because of this, we want you, our church family to pray for everything going on here this Easter Sunday.
You can do this two ways:
1. Pray at church. The sanctuary will be open from 8am-4pm Wednesday-Friday this week and you are welcome to come and pray here. We will have copies of the Easter Prayer Guide available at the main doors to the sanctuary.
2. Pray at home. Use the prayer guide below as a guide as you pray for various aspects of Easter Sunday.
We are thankful for you, our church family, and can’t wait to see you this Sunday!
Easter Prayer Guide
1. Pray that many people would be aware of the Easter service and that the Holy Spirit would move people to be interested in coming.
2. Pray that the ushers, greeters, musicians, and other volunteers who will be helping with the service would be used by the Lord to bless those in attendance. Pray also that the sound/lighting/videos etc. would work according to plan and not be a distraction.
3. Pray for Pastor Doug’s message to be used powerfully by the Spirit to point people to Christ.
4. Pray for believers who attend the service that their hearts would be satisfied in their Savior.
5. Pray for unbelievers who attend the service that their eyes would be opened for the first time to see and embrace Jesus as their Savior.
6. Pray that guests who attend the service would consider Oak Hill as their church home.
7. Pray that parents would feel comfortable bringing their children to the service, and that the children would understand and enjoy the service.
8. Pray that Oak Hill people would be bold to invite others to the service and would be warm and welcoming to guests during the service.
9. Pray that the breakfast would go smoothly, that it would be a time of joyful fellowship, and that it would help guests to feel comfortable and welcome.
10. Pray that Jesus would be honored in all that is done before, during, and after the service.