Here we go! Let's jump into our first discussion over the first chapter of the book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. If you have yet to get the book (LBC members, I still have about 15 left) I encourage you to do so. My plan is to give you a concise summary of the chapter, video(s) to stimulate your thinking, and questions for reflection. If you have read through the first chapter please feel free to leave comments or questions (if you’re new to this, simply click on the comments section at the bottom and it will prompt you on what to do). Let’s begin than with chapter one.
Chan's goal in writing this chapter is to bring us face to face with the God of the Bible so that we might stand in awe of Him and be changed. It's so easy to become numb and forget there is a God who reigns over the universe as the holy, eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful King. But if we get a glimpse of Him and intentionally remind ourselves of Him we will see that the point of it all is not us but Him and His glory.
Here's two videos I encourage you to watch. The first one shows the "Awe Factor" of God. The second one is surprisingly from the Conan O'Brien show. It is hilarious and gives a very accurate portrait of our society where, "Everything is Amazing, but Nobody is Happy."
- Questions for Reflection:
1. What's your reaction to the video(s)?
2. Why are we prone to forget about God even though He is so great?
3. How can we remind ourselves of His greatness and glory each day?
4. Do you agree with A.W. Tozer when he writes, "Whatever comes into your mind when you think about God is the most important thing about you?" If so why?
**DON'T BE SHY ... POST YOUR COMMENT BELOW ...