John Piper was asked this question recently and here is his response:
- Things that relate to the passions of your life
- Recommendations from people that are responsible and that you respect
- Time-proven, classic, deep works on various issues
Currently I'm reading (and re-reading) the following books:
- Total Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis
- Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges
- Fusion by Nelson Searcy
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Total Church and Fusion are two books I'm reading with others (fellow pastors and friends). I highly recommend Total Church for a paradigm-shifting discussion on gospel and community in the local church. And I highly recommend Fusion for those who are looking for a practical resource on assimilation.
What have you been reading lately? Any book recommendations?